Regulation And Complaints
- My notarial practice is regulated by the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury:
The Faculty Office 1,
London SW1 3JT
- If you are dissatisfied about the service you have received please do not hesitate to contact me.
- If I am unable to resolve the matter you may then complain to the Notaries Society of which I am a member, who have a Complaints Procedure which is approved by the Faculty Office. This procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute.
- In that case please write (but do not enclose any original documents) with full details of your complaint to:
The Secretary of The Notaries Society
Old Church Chambers
23 Sandhill Road
St James Northampton
Tel: 01604 758908
If you have any difficulty in making a complaint in writing please do not hesitate to call the Notaries Society/the Faculty Office for assistance.
- Finally, even if you have your complaint considered under the Notaries Society Approved Complaints Procedure, you may at the end of that procedure, or after a period of eight weeks from the date you first notified me that you were dissatisfied, make your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, if you are not happy with the result:
Baskerville House, Centenary Square,
Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2ND
Tel: 0300 555 0333
- If you decide to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman you must refer your matter to the Legal Ombudsman within six months from the conclusion of the complaint process.